29.12.15

Remembering There and Back Again Link-up - The Battle of the Five Armies

One Last Time.
Better late than never. . .we will proceed.

Favourite Character
Myrtle: All I've said so far.
Les: (see above)
S. F.: Still the same as it was before.

Favourite Actor
Myrtle: ...
Les: (Myrtle voices my thoughts precisely!)
S. F.: One does not simply choose a favourite actor. :)

Favourite Actress
Myrtle:All the females.
Les: The Nesbitt sisters, Cate Blanchett, and Evangeline Lilly all performed excellently.
S. F.: ^ Basically. ^

Favourite Quote/Line
Myrtle:" You have but one question to answer: how will this day end?" ~Gandalf (from trailer)
Les: "Uh, if any of you are ever passing Bag End, uh... tea is at four, there's plenty of it. You are welcome anytime. Oh ah... don't bother knocking." ~ Bilbo to the company ere he embarks on the home journey
S. F.: "One day it'll grow, and every time I'll look at it I'll remember. The good, the bad... And how lucky I am that I made it home." ~Bilbo
And "I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me...One Last Time?" ~Thorin

Favourite Soundtrack
Myrtle: I really don't know what to put.
Les: (Thank you again, dear Myrtle!)
S. F.: In all honestly, I haven't listened to much of the soundtrack except for during the movie. I'm not sure if I have a favourite, but I can sum it all up in two words "Nope" and "Feels".

Favourite Friendship
Myrtle:Fili /Kili, Sigrid/Tilda/Bain/Bard.
Les: (see previous answers)
S. F.:Yes, I, too, loved the family relationships. And we saw the "climax" of the friendship between Bilbo and Thorin and the rest of the company. It was very touching!

Favourite Costume
Myrtle:The Company's armour.
Les: The mithril shirt!
S. F.: Myrtle and Les have already listed some of my favourites. I also liked Bilbo's return outfit (with all his gear, etc.)

Favourite Weapon
Myrtle:Bain's Sword, Black Arrow. Sorry, Smaug.
Les: Bain's sword, Thranduil's swords, and Orcrist.
S. F.: Sting.

Favourite Minor-Character
Myrtle:Hilda Bianca.
Les: Bard's children again.
S. F.: The hobbits at the auction. :)

Favourite Scene
Myrtle: I can tell you my least favourites!
I have little bits from different scenes that I like: "Look at me.", Tilda using self defense on Alfrid (link), the elves jumping over the dwarves backs, Thorin giving Mithril to Bilbo.
Les: When Bilbo returns to Bag End and sees his forgotten pocket handkerchiefs on the floor...that was such a lovely touch.
S. F.: There were indeed special moments in this film that made the whole journey worth it, but if I was asked to pick my one favourite scene, it would probably be the acorn scene. For one thing, Thorin SMILED! And it showed that, even though he had gone through ruff adventures, Bilbo was still only a humble little hobbit. -->
"But where our hearts truly lie is in peace and quiet, and good tilled earth. For all Hobbits share a love of things that grow." (~ Bilbo in Fellowship pf the Ring.)

Favourite Screen Shot
Myrtle:

Les
one of few such heartwarming, happy moments in the film~

S. F.:

. . .Back again

Favourite Location
Myrtle:The woods outside Hobbiton, and Hobbiton itself.
Les: Woods outside Hobbiton! Yes, yes! Happy sunlight and beautiful trees. Also, HERE.
S. F.: Same. Hobbiton is obviously my favourite, but it I loved it even more after all the previous gloominess.

Did You Cry?
Myrtle:Why,YES I DID.
Les: (see above and below)
S. F.: Did I cry? Yes, I most definitely DID. The first time I cried was when it said "The Hobbit" and I was still sniffling as we walked out of the cinema. Add lots of tears sprinkled throughout the whole film, and you can be sure I was glad I didn't forget my pocket handkerchief!
Did You Dress Up As Anything?
Myrtle: Sigrid!
Les: Bain son of Bard.
S. F.:Tilda!

Did You Watch it at a Theater?
All: Yes!

What Are Your Personal Thoughts on the Movie?
Myrtle: I was hoping Bilbo or Gandalf would say something to mend my broken heart when they're sitting together after "it" happened! And someone needs to make a movie about Middle Earth after-life!!!!
Les: I quite agree with what Myrtle said. Moments of light and warmth were cherished as they made me feel very good, so I tried to focus on them in the midst of far less pleasant events. All in all, I thank goodness that we can believe in happy endings! ☺
S. F.: I'm not sure what to say. I have lots of thoughts on this movies. It was a very emotional "One Last Time" journey to dear Middle-earth. It tied up many loose threads, but left several dangling for the continuation in LOTR. When I came home from watching it, I felt very much like Bilbo. I was not the same as the wondering girl who watched AUJ. I had gone there and back again.

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh, -feels everywhere- Lovely final post! Thanks again for putting this all together, you brought some joy into the Hobbit Trilogy for me, and I had a great time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Saphira! You help to make this all work out and I'm very happy that you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete

Be good; we have a dragon.