15.12.15

Remembering There and Back Again Link-up - An Unexpected Journey


Oh my! We're a bit behind. :) Well, without further ado. . .

Favourite Character
Myrtle: Fili, Kili, Gandalf, and Myrtle the Pony.
Les: Confession: before I watched AUJ in theatres I was quite unfamiliar with the story of The Hobbit. Therefore, I referred to my favourites upon first observing it as "the dwarf buds." One was blond, the other an archer. Hmm, any guesses? ☺ And of course the elves were a favourite as well.
S. F.: You all probably know the answer, because it's none other than Bilbo Baggins himself. :) But, to say a bit more, after watching it for the first time my favourites were Fili and Kili.

Favourite Actor
Myrtle:You got me there!
Les: (see above)
S. F.: They all were brilliant, though I think my favourite was Oscar Strik. (Little Bilbo.) ;) *squeal* Click here to see.

Favourite Actress
Myrtle:Cate Blanchett. That one was very easy to narrow down!
Les: (see above)
S. F.: Now, this is very limited, and I'm not sure who to answer... :)

Favourite Quote/Line
Myrtle: "Quickly, all of you!" ~ Thorin (Sounds like he's saying "Quickly, I love you!) and "Kili, grab my hand!" ~ Fili
Les: "I've found it is the small things; everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay... simple acts of kindness, and love." ~ Gandalf the Grey
S. F.:  "Look, I know you doubt me.I know you always have. And you're right, I often think of Bag-End. I miss my books. And my armchair, and my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's home. And that's why I came back. Because... you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can." ~Bilbo Baggins

Favourite Soundtrack
Myrtle: Misty Mountains.
Les: "The Hidden Valley" (link)
S. F.: "Dreaming of Bag-end". This song. . . *FEELS*
 

Favourite Friendship
Myrtle: The brotherhood of Fili and Kili.
Les: Sibling friendships are very close to home for me, so that of Fili and Kili was heartwarming.
S. F.:  I really liked the friendship between Bilbo and the Dwarves that evolves though the trilogy, especially the friendship of Bilbo and Bofur.

Favourite Costume
Myrtle: All the dwarves.
Les: Galadriel's wardrobe (elven garb in general). Also, delightfully quaint was the first outfit we see younger Bilbo in.
S. F.: All of Bilbo's outfits, and hobbit outfits in general.

Favourite Weapon
Myrtle: Gandalf's staff and Ori's sling-shot.
Les: The bow and arrows of Kili the dwarf + the elven weaponry.
S. F.: I'll have to go with Sting--the letter opener. ;)

Favourite Minor-Character
Myrtle: Lindir.
Les: Those nameless elven musicians at the dinner in Rivendell.
S. F.: SEBASTIAN!
 

Favourite Scene
Myrtle: Blunt the Knives.
Les: The last scene, especially Thorin's speech to Bilbo.
S. F.: The ones listed above, as well as the entry to Rivendell, the Misty Mountains scene (when they're singing), and the "I'm going on an adventure!" scene.

Favourite Screen Shot
Myrtle:

Les:

 
S. F.:

Favourite Location
Myrtle: Hobbiton and Dale/Lonely Mountain.
Les: Imladris, The Last Homely House East of the Sea.
S. F.: Bag-end (and all of Hobbiton), plus the gorgeous locations in "Over Hill".

Did You Cry?
Myrtle: No.
Les: Almost when my favourite location's theme song began playing.
S. F.: Nope!

Did You Dress Up As Anything?
All: We went as elven maidens.

Did You Watch it at a Theater?
All: yes, on the opening day.

What Are Your Personal Thoughts on the Movie?
Myrtle: I think AUJ was the most like the middle earth from Lord of the Rings . DOS and BOTFA didn't quite feel the same.
Les: AUJ introduced me to the world of The Hobbit; I read the book after watching it, so my first thoughts about it were rather limited to my knowledge of LOTR. Sir Peter Jackson's interpretation of Tolkien's masterpiece was well done. Bravo!
S. F.: I like the light-heartedness that comes with it being the first film. It makes me happy. :) I love re-watching it and noticing all the details. This movie is a wonderful start of an unforgettable adventure! "Home is behind you, the world is ahead."

1 comment:

Be good; we have a dragon.