3.1.15

Happy Birthday, Tolkien / One Last Time Q&A

 Hullo there. Today happens to be the 123rd of J. R. R. Tolkien!


 I'm not sure who made this, but I love it and agree with the saying at the end:



Also, Sarah awarded us the "One Last Time Q&A". Thank you so much, Sarah!

R U L E S 
1. You Must be tagged to take the Q&A quiz
2. You must tag (notify) at least three other bloggers (or whatever they are on) for this Q&A
3. You must answer the following questions to the best of your ability
4. You must have seen The Battle of the Five Armies to be tagged/take the quiz


Q U E S T I O N S

 1. Tell your story of how you came to see the movie(s) or got into Tolkien in the first place.
 Myrtle: I was a wee lass, my father put on The Fellowship of The Ring, we were watching Bilbo's birthday party, and I thought: People having a party.
  Yyyess. (You know how Bilbo says it)
 
Les: Once upon a time, I turned the leaves of an ancient book unto one
titled, "The Elf-Dragon." And you beheld it, and that was my story. Enda.

S. F.: Oh, Middle-earth has pretty much always been in my life. In fact, I have been told that when we were watching "The Two Towers" along time ago, I turned around to my parents after watching Gollum and said to them, "My precious!" :)


2. Who are your three favourite characters in The Hobbit Trilogy?
Myrtle: That's like: What's your favourite, Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner? 

Les: My eyes were cheated by some spell when first I glanced over
this question. I mistook a little "deaths" between "characters" & "the"
And that did not make my sisters' answers any more cohesive.
But then I read the question. Hmm. Favourite character trios:
Thorin & Nephews + Thranduil & Son & Tauriel + Bard & Family
...with a dragon and every other elf included for good measure.

S. F: What? This is a hard question. *cough, cough* *scratches head* Bilbo. . .Thorin. . .FiliKili. <- They can count as one character, can't they?

3. Did you cry in The Battle of the Five Armies, and if so, which scene(s) and what type (sniffling, sobbing, choke-crying)? 
 Myrtle:  Bain and Bard gave me the feels,but I didn't cry. With Fili, I tryed to cry, but the tears would'nt come, neither with Kili. Inside, however,... well you know; you've felt it. I turned my head when Thorin ... was ... given the fatal ..............
'twas, of course, Master Baggins' first, heart-wrenching, breaking sob, that drew my tears. No sobs. Just tears. I bear my scars inside. My biggest cry was the end credits; I saw Les and S.F. sobbing, and quietly followed them, One Last Time.

Les: By all means. That is why I accepted bringing a very comforting pocket handkerchief with me to yonder cinema.
Response to № 2: when Bain came to his father's aid + Durin's Sons passed into the Timeless Halls + many other occurences.
The ilk of tears: all of the above, most strongly in the mentioned scenes. To say nothing of my weeping on S.F.'s shoulder and snuggling under her arm and pulling away when...Kili...and bowing my head in sobs...and sometimes vocalising queer squeaks and chokes. Bilbo rent my heart. I entirely understand not why, yet Thranduil provoked me to much pity and sorrow as well.
Let us stay away from what the end credits song did, darling.

S. F.: A LOT. Tears came to my eyes when it said "The Hobbit", Bard and Bain made me sniffle, Smaug made me sob, Bilbo's acorn scene made me cry hard, the "One Last Time" scene started tears that basically didn't stop until the credits were over, Fili's you-know-what had me screeching into my pocket handkerchief, Kili's you-know-what had me choking up, and Thorin's you-know-what was a mixture of both and many tears. And Hobbiton/the Hobbit theme/Bilbo and the Last Goodbye made me CRY.. Did I cry? Yup.

4. Were the deaths compelling to you, and if so, whose?
Myrtle: Yes. Our
Les: The above, the below. Although some felt—including Smaug's—rushed.

S. F.: All of the Durins were, I can't pick just one.

5. Overall, were you satisfied with the movie itself?
Myrtle: I do not know what "Satisfied" means right here. I CRIED. And I need a movie about Arda's afterlife.

Les: To Myrtle I gratefully say, Gi hannon! Already doth my minde compose happier endings.
I offer thanks unto Sir Peter & his company for the long and dedicated journey they took us on.

S. F.: Absolutely. Thank you so much, Sir Peter Jackson and Co.!

6. Describe the movie in one word.
Myrtle: I don't know if that is doable. But then again, mayhaps it is.

Les: Enmeshed-with-emotions.

S. F.: NOPE. Also, epic. Also, majestic. Also, emotional. You see? "One does not simply choose one word to describe BOTFA."

WE NOMINATE. . .

Kara
SW
and anyone else following this blog who hasn't been nominated for this yet!

Until next time,
S. F. and all of us 3FS!

7 comments:

  1. Reading this brought to mind so vividly many scenes from BOFA that I love so much, especially that scene with Bain and Bard, or Bilbo with the acorn. Thank you three for the tag, I will enjoy doing it. :)

    And happy birthday to Tolkien! He created such a wonderful world of legend and light.

    xx

    p.s. Did I say before that this new blog design is beautiful & elegant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, SW! I enjoyed reading your answers, too. Indeed, I loved those scenes very much as well. They were very "feel-y"! :)
      That he did, that he did. ♥
      It is. Les did a smashing job!

      ~ S. F.

      Delete
  2. Hehehe, I love all of the questions and responses you gave to them. :D hehehe
    Oh, and Happy Birthday Mr. Tolkien! -Saphira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Saphira! You may do this award if you wish. :)
      Blessings,
      S. F.

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog you have here! I'm a major Middle Earth fangirl myself, so this blog is super fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to meet you, Hannah Mary! Always nice to meet a fellow fan-girl. I hope you enjoy your visits on this blog--your fangirlings are always welcome here. :)
      ~ S. F.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for erupting the feels. Again.
    #sarcasm
    Kind of kidding, I so enjoyed this post, and reading your thoughts on the movie my dears. :):):)
    I am ashamed to admit that no tears actually left my eyes during the entire movie. I know, ridiculous. But my heart was torn into shreds and my eyes stung with painful tears literally the entire time. ESPECIALLY the last thirty minutes. It was everything I thought it'd be but a hundred times more painful. I can't really explain it.... it was perfect but so, so heart wrenching. I can't even.
    The first half of the movie I was simply squealing and just plain dwelling in MIDDLE EARTH BLISS on that theater seat. Especially during the Smaug scene. But when it showed Azog for the first time, Sarah and I immediately went into denial mode, as in "NOPE NOPE NOEP NOPE NOPE NOPE"
    I was so tense during the entire battle, just waiting for something to happen. It was so beyond epic.
    But then Thorin said "we're gonna take out their leader."
    You know, I've read the book. 4 times actually.
    I knew what was coming.
    I should have been prepared.
    But nothing could have prepared me for that moment when Thorin takes Dwalin and his nephews to Ravenhill. I totally knew what was going to happen and I was pretty much traumatized. ;) pfft.
    HELP ME THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST AND SADDEST MOVIE TO EXIST. It was incredible. I could say so much more, but this comment is long enough. :) I love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete

Be good; we have a dragon.